Updated: April 28, 2020
Breast milk is the most nutritious and natural way of feeding your baby. While many believe that the usual instinct of breastfeeding your newborn kicks in as soon as your baby is born, however, this is partially true. Very less is said and discussed about the challenges a new mother must face after the delivery, like milk supply, latching and holding issues, along with the umpteen patience and dedication a mother needs at all times.
Although I myself have been lucky enough with respect to milk supply concern, I initially faced a few issues like latching in the first few days after my C-Section delivery. Having a good doctor helps, and my Gynae, Dr. Shaguna Shukla felt like a blessing to me. She guided me well, and the difficulties faded in a week’s time. You must reach out to her for any Gynae related problems if residing in Gurgaon / NCR.
Regarding the methods of boosting your breastmilk supply most naturally, below are the tried and trusted home remedies:
Yes, that’s correct. The more you breastfeed your baby, the more your milk supply will increase.
Drink plenty of water, juices, smoothies, lassi, lemonade etc. Always keep a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
Consume this tea twice daily: First thing in the morning after having a glass of water (or probably 15 minutes later); and in the evening, 2 hours before dinner. Along with increasing your milk supply, this tea has the added benefit of helping you in shedding those extra kilos gained during pregnancy.
The recipe of Magic Tea is simple.
Ingredients: Ginger, Saunf (Fennel seeds), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Jeera (Cumin) and Elaichi (Cardamom)
- Add Ginger, Saunf, Daal Chini, Jeera and Elaichi in equal proportions in a big glass of water.
- Boil this mixture on medium-low flame until the water reduces to a cup.
- Remove the pot from the flame. Let it cool down a bit.
- Sieve in a cup. Add half a lemon and a spoon of honey.
Enjoy the drink with some ‘Me-Time’!
Some handpicked topics for you to read next:
- The right age to start reading to your child
- Baby Photography at Home: Ideas, Tips and Tricks!
- FIRST FINGER FOOD IDEAS FOR A BABY
- THE CHILDREN ARE NOT ASLEEP! The dangers of having intimate moments in a child’s presence
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to share it! If you like my content, subscribe to get notified every time I write a new blog post.