Detox Drinks / Kadha is a decoction of edible herbs and spices.
Table of Contents
The ingredients of Detox Drinks / Kadha are simple and easily available at home. Check the picture below to know more.
For preparation of one cup of detox drink / kadha, you will need:
- Black Pepper / काली मिर्च – a pinch
- Black/Green Cardamom / इलायची – 1-2
- Carom Seeds / अजवाइन – half tsp
- Cinnamon / दालचीनी – small stick
- Cloves / लौंग – 1
- Cumin / जीरा – half tsp
- Curry Leaves / कड़ी पत्ता – 5-6 leaves
- Fennel / सौंफ – half tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / मेथी – half tsp
- Ginger / अदरक – small piece, grated
- Holy Basil / तुलसी – 5-6 leaves
- Mint / पुदीना – 5-6 leaves
- Turmeric / हल्दी – half tsp
- Lemon / नींबू – half
- Honey / शहद or any sweetener (optional)
Time: 3-5 minutes
Method: Boil all or any of the above ingredients as per your liking in a glass of water. Drink once it cools down a bit.
- For maximum benefits, consume this drink first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. And avoid if on a fast.
- Use fresh ginger and turmeric if available.
- Soak Fenugreek Seeds / methi seeds a night before, and avoid boiling this water. You may mix this water with your detox drink later too.
- Do not boil turmeric/haldi. Instead, just warm the water on a low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Start with mixing 2-3 ingredients of your liking initially, to develop the taste.
- Keep mixing and changing ingredients daily, to reap health benefits of each ingredient.
- Making a powder of a few readily available items like fennel, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon etc is a quick and helpful idea.
Health Benefits of Detox Drinks / Kadha
So why should you consider consuming this drink? Well of course, because of its numerous benefits.
- Healthy weight loss
- Toxin removal or detox naturally
- Balancing the pH of the body
- Better digestive health and liver function
- Boosting immune function
- Improving mood
- Increasing energy levels
- Improving complexion, hair, skin, eye sight, acne issues with anti-aging properties
- Controlling diabetes and uric acid levels
- Aids respiratory system
- Regulates blood pressure
- Rich source of calcium, iron, potassium, selenium, copper and manganese, essential oils, Vitamin A and C
- Reduced menstrual cramps and other PMS symptoms
- Anti-cancer properties
- Preserves brain functions
- Reduced cholesterol levels
- Reduced arthritis pains, and many more…
Have you tried a detox drink yet? Tell me which one is your favorite.