Garbh Sanskaar: Updated April 2, 2020
This post is dedicated to a dear friend, who is on her beautiful journey of nurturing a precious new life inside her. She recently lost her father. This is a reminder to her: You are strong, you are exceptional. Much love!
Motherhood is a wonderful journey. Right after conception, a mother’s focus completely shifts and orbits around her baby exclusively. And while she tries to take great care of herself for the good health and well-being of her baby in terms of nutritional needs, there is comparatively lesser consideration given to baby’s and her own mental, emotional, spiritual and intellectual health.
Table of Contents
What is Garbh Sanskaar?
Garbh Sanskaar typically means prenatal education that helps in the physical, mental and spiritual development of an unborn child, which is influenced by the mother’s state of mind during pregnancy.
Is it really true?
While many doubt the authenticity of Garbh Sanskaar and the concept still remains a topic of debate, this has now been proven and backed by science that prenatal experiences have a lifelong effect on health and happiness of a child. To know more about this on scientific level, you may check out the below sites:
What are the benefits of Garbh Sanskaar?
More than 80% of a child’s brain is developed before his birth. The experiences, sounds, tastes, feelings, emotions and everything else his mother is exposed to during those 9 months is experienced by him as well, and hence, shapes his overall personality and behavior in the womb itself.
|Benefits for the Baby||Benefits for the Mother|
|– Helps in baby’s growth and development|
– Keeps the baby calm and stay positive
– Helps in baby’s brain development
– Strengthens the baby-parent bond
– Inculcates qualities like confidence, intelligence, calmness, care, love, courage, creativity, good health and more
|– Positive state of mind throughout pregnancy|
– Enhances chances of normal delivery
– Good health of mother during and after delivery
– A positive and memorable pregnancy experience
What are the ways of educating your baby in the womb?
- Talk to Your Baby: Tell your baby she/he is loved, protected, cared for, how precious he is to you, and that you all excitedly await his arrival. Tell your child he is beautiful, strong, healthy, intelligent, brave, caring, loving, and more
- Listen: Turn on some relaxing music and audio books. Play your religious songs, mantras, sounds. Sing along. Create a positive environment around yourself.
- Read to Your Baby: Books, articles, magazines on science, literature, history, read anything that interests you. Only it should be positive and meaningful.
- Stay Positive and Happy: Be mindful of your actions and thoughts. Stay Positive and Happy. Avoid surrounding yourself with negative people or situations.
- Meditate: Meditation brings peace and calm to a chaotic mind. With your doctor’s permission and under proper guidance, meditate if possible. Channelize your energy and emotions to the well being of your child and yourself.
Can the values be given after a child’s birth?
Yes. The first 1000 days of a child’s life are the most important as he is the most receptive at this age. So, what can you do?
- Talk to your baby. It does not matter if the baby does not understand the language yet, a baby understands the expressions and the feelings behind them. Love him, encourage him, embrace him often, tell him he is healthy, strong, beautiful, intelligent, caring, active and all positive words.
- Participate in your child’s activities.
- Avoid introduction to digital media at least until 2 years of age.
How to take care of a mother during pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a beautiful and challenging phase. It could be easy and difficult for some in terms of pregnancy symptoms, but the care a pregnant woman needs in any case does not vary much. Here are a few pointers to guide you.
Taking care of yourself during pregnancy
- The importance right nutrition can’t be emphasized much. Eat your supplements and have a balanced diet.
- Express your emotions, and don’t bottle them up. Once over with venting, work around to be happy and positive again. Educate your family of mood swings and communicate properly to avoid misunderstandings.
- Be happy and stay positive.
- Keep a check on your mood and thoughts. Distraction is the key if nothing else helps. Find something that makes you happy.
- Talk to your baby. Express your love to him.
- Physical fitness plays an important role too. If your doctor permits, do perform some sort of physical exercise.
Taking care of a pregnant woman
- Keep the environment around her happy and positive.
- Make her feel safe, in terms of physical danger, mental turmoil, expressions and internal fears.
- Support her, even if you disagree with her. She truly needs it.
- The mood-swings are a real thing. Do not take them to your heart. It is just a phase.
- Pamper her in every possible way.
- And again, take care of her nutrition.
The Final Verdict
Whether you believe in the concept or not, the importance of positivity in and around a pregnant woman can simply not be overlooked. As evident from the benefits mentioned above, it is a good idea to create a healthy environment for the well-being of both the mother and the baby.
Did you practice Garbh Sanskaar or plan to practice it during your pregnancy? Do tell us your experiences and views in the comments below.
- SIMPLE AND EASY WAYS OF DOCUMENTING BABY’S FIRST YEAR
- THE CHILDREN ARE NOT ASLEEP! The dangers of having intimate moments in a child’s presence
- Importance of Being Idle
- POST-PREGNANCY WEIGHT LOSS: MY JOURNEY, AT HOME, NATURALLY!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to share it! If you like my content, subscribe to get notified every time I write a new blog post.